Popular Posts

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Defying the " What about me!!!!" Impulse !

    It was getting late tonight and I was picking up some items. I usually shop on Saturdays but I'm getting ready for what I hope and pray will be a delightful and restoring camping weekend- commencing 4 PM tomorrow.

   My items had been totaled up and the cashier was in the process of printing my receipt. At that moment, The manager came over and asked the cashier if she wanted to go on her break.She said ' No". The manager expressed concern about how busy she had been and how she's like to have her go on her break.

Meanwhile, I was not getting handed my receipt  The impulse is to say, " Excuse me, First Provide My receipt then feel free to discuss anything else not on my time! Yet, That sees these two store employees as as speed bumps in your day, Don't complicate things for me- not on my time. I , The customer , need for you to keep your problems away from me

Yet when you are able to see that you do not have a free pass to dictate to others how to treat you in away that you will enjoy! Yes, You are in a setting where people, indeed are being paid to serve you and, as well  to satisfy,  AND , yes, please!!! you. However bowing and scraping and abject slavery are not considered by anyone sane and with any common sense to be a part of that social compact.

 So, While I would have rather been given my receipt and gotten out of the Lincolnia  Shoppers Food warehouse 3 to 4 minutes earlier, It would be wrong and simple- minded to say that I was mistreated
and burdened last night. Just 5 minutes later, I had someone jump in front of me at a McDonald's while I was in the process of ordering an Ice Cream Cone. He wanted extra sauce for his McNuggets. I could have affected haughtiness and said, " You'll need to wait until I have my ice cream cone." Yes, I had that option. However, to what purpose, what would I have gained by acting in that manner?" Do I really want to perfect being petty, unyielding and vane?

The " WHAT!! ABOUT!! ME!!" impulse needs to be kept in check, It is not a call to be as demanding as people will permit me to get away with! I often speak of and write about  a " civilization" that now seems to celebrate greed, demandingness ,insult, rudeness , callousness and a plain and antagonistic attitude portraying I will be " as nasty as I WANNA!! be!"  Telling people who buy into this absurdity are not likely to hear quietly spoken words, " Stop, Please!, Wait! and Not appropriate here and now!." Deeds, the way we act and live, speak more clearly and are considered more seriously, are listened to and heeded more than words spoken either gently or annoyedly!

 So, If I want to live better and have consideration practiced around me, Then" What about me?" some times needs to be answered by me saying to myself, " Be patient and be understanding!"

No comments:

Post a Comment