Popular Posts

Friday, June 24, 2011

Simply Hideous and- In MY Opinion- W!R!O!NG!

 I know that parents are human. I know that children can be trying, disobedient, frustrating willful and just simply difficult!

 However, I still can't excuse what I hears at a Gamestop Store in Northern Virginia Earlier today! A Father was in the store trying to straighten out a subscription problem that his son is dealing with.Gamestop has a special discount program it calls " Powerup". One of the bennies of this program is a subscription to a magazine called The Game Informer!

 The son kept trying to interrupt as his father worked to resolve this dilemna. The store's Assistant Manager agreed to extend the subscription by 3  months- to November 2011. He mentioned this multiple times.

When everything seemed to be done, The manager, out of courtesy , asked, " Is there anything else I can help you with?" The boy asked, " when will my subscription end?" This angered the father, " November! He's said THAT over and over again. How many times have I told you not to ask retarded questions?"

 To my shame, I did not speak up or do anything to act on the boy's  behalf. After they left, I asked the manager about this, he said, " I can't interfere unless it's extreme!"

 So, Did I err and behave as a coward? Or, Would doing anything likely have made matters possibly MUCH worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment