Popular Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Desperately Seeking Civilized Behavior

 I know that most large cities and their close -in suburbs are a vast mixture of people. I know that we have become accustomed to dealing with very poorly educated and very poorly socialized people. I also know that we have people who are severely limited by mental health issues

 I am beyond tired with obnoxiously unacceptable public manners.overall, I'm sorely annoyed by people who have no sense or no recognition that some people consider their personal space as needing to be noticed, respected and honor. I grow tired of listen to mangled conversations in English by NATIVE English speakers. Conversations that make you wonder if these speakers have ever attended school a day in their lives. Then, The conversations are so laced with vulgarity, obscenities and hostility that you wonder why anyone would want to be known for having so little of any value to say that this is all they have to say.

 Then, You wonder about riding public transportation that is filled not only by people but by big and full laundry bags, shopping carts, baby strollers, walkers and wheelchairs. There are so many items that can trip you up that it often makes standing on buses dangerous. It is easy to trip or lose your footing with so many available opportunities to be severely injured and perhaps killed if such bus is ever in a high speed crash.

 Buses also make me aware of radically unacceptable hygiene issue. No one should be asked to rise with people whose clothing is noticably soiled by human wastes. It is worse to be expected to endure being seated near such a person. As I already note, Standing is not always a safe option. I'd like to see threats to public health be cited as a reason to deny such people permission to board buses and trains.

  I remember, as a boy, being told as a student at My Catholic Elementary School that we needed to be mindful of others when we were in public and that we should retrain and guide our behavior with this in mind. You often wonder who takes on such a role in 2011 if the family is not up to dealing with this!

  As the years go on, I really think I'd do best living in a MUCH smaller community. Fewer thousands to deal with and a more traditionally-based community that still considers public behavior to be a part of whether a community is a positive or a negative place to reside in.

No comments:

Post a Comment