Popular Posts

Saturday, March 5, 2011

GUTS

 Saturday, for many, is either a sleep time or a play time. For me, Today as I have on many Satuurdays Now past, I will attend a Toastmaster meeting in Annandale, Virginia. A meeting that will begin at 8:15 AM!


 Toastmasters provides to me as it does to many, great and practical Leadership and Communication training. Training that I gain in Toastmasters and I practice and progress in steadily. This training, of course, works best and proves its amazing value when it is used outside of a Toastmasters Club.

The name of the This plucky and dynamic club that meets early each and every Saturday morning is named G.U.T.S. This acronym stands for Get Up To Speak.At The beginning of each meeting, The Club President, or, in his or her absence, The Presiding officer of The Meeting, tells us a story , Some of them are clever, some are witty, some are educational and some of these stories are quite dramatic. At the end of the story, We are fed a prompting line along the lines of  " What it take for so and so to". The line is often rendered , " "What does it take to get up so EARLY on a Saturday morning a Saturday morning?". The members do then roar out a cheer of  " GUTS!!!!!".

  It is early but the mental stimulation and the feeling of accomplishment is one that charges you up for the rest of your Saturday!

PS- How early is early, I started to type this at 5:43 AM! - I wish you a most GUTSy Satirday!

 - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment