Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lifting Up My Eyes

 Freedom from Depression, to me , often means asking myself to widen my vision, to smile, to take a deep breath  and to not feel trapped in what was and and limit myself to what I see and know today.

 When I write a speech, I'm looking toward accomplishing beyond now. I'm developing words and phrases that I believe that will add to the lives and perspectives of those who will soon listen to them. I am also working to choose what techniques and methods I will use to permit my message to be most welcomed and best received A good speech is a true gift to the audience and is prepared with that in mind. We speak of presenting a speech and this is appropriate as a speech should be considered a present or a gift.

Depression is said to be anger turned inward. When Depression assaults me, I am learning it works best to focus on other things and to pay more attention and seek to devote myself towards others, no matter how difficult I find that to do at ANY one given time.For Me, My being a Toastmaster and my being involved in frequent speech preparation serves me well to challenge depression!

No comments:

Post a Comment