Popular Posts

Friday, November 26, 2010

Setting Up a MONTHLY Day of Thanksgiving

 Busy people who easily lose track of days, events and circumstances can forget all too easily how they have been blessed in times past. The idea of being militantly focused on getting done today what must be done today works very well but it can cause us to lose track of times gone by. As a simple test of this, It is easy for us to remember what we were grateful yesterday! However, Are you honestly able to say that you ARE as grateful today as you were yesterday? My own answer to that is- " I am less grateful today than I was yesterday on THANKSGIVING  DAY!"

 I 've decided to try an experiment that I believe will make a difference in my life throughout the entirety of 2011! I've decided to make the last Thursday of EACH month of that year a Thanksgiving Day. This means that I will have 11 Days of Thanksgiving- I'm adding in the LAST Thursday of December 2010 to this effort-
between now and November 26th, 2011.

No one knows the future and I have no way to know EXACTLY what my life will be like- or even if I will be alive- on Thanksgiving Day 2011- but being Thankful seems to heal even the worst injuries of life. Therefore, I can confidently state that my 2011 will be a better year if I will follow through on this plan!

I do believe that self- talk combined with self-action will make a noticable difference. I shall look forward to finding out whether I shall be proven correct!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment