Popular Posts

Friday, November 19, 2010

Someone has violated a rule so....

 I find it interesting that both in Government and Private companies tend to apply what I call the "someone therefore everyone" rule. You set a policy and then a person or several persons violate the rule and soon you learn that- " Someone did "X" therefore we will no longer offer or provide "Y" to anyone!"

 I have long wondered why the response is not, " We will investigate to see WHO violated the rule or the policy,When we discern who the men or women were that violated the rule then we will ban him or her from the offered service!". This seems to me to be an intelligent , reasonable and correct way to deal with the situation!

    Why is this policy often implemented? If you force someone to justify these actions we are told " It is hurtful to single people out. We could offend them. So, This way , We stop the violation and no one person feels humiliated!" It may just be me- but I think it is totally ACCEPTABLE for those who choose to do wrong to be humiliated! It would bother me, if the truth be told, that due to MY SELFISHNESS, many people could no longer enjoy something that we all had benefited from!

  Blanket Solutions and a fear of offending those who merit being offended, Not at all a good team!

   - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment