Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Free your mind and the Rest Will Follow!

 One of the joys of challenging what you were taught and dismissing what is foolish and corrupt in that thinking is healing, empowering and truly fosters revolution!

 Many children are taught to believe things that others know are wrong, foolish and simply not so because  they were taught what they believe by their parents. Children fall into, at first out of awe and admiration and then out of fear and intimidation to tell you what they have been taught by their parents.

    As a child, I pronounced the name of a store in my neighborhood named Finest ---- as if its' name was Fin-ist. I did this because that is what my mother called it. As I grew older and knew better, I still called it Fin-ist for fear of being beaten by my mother because of her believing I was mocking her, should I pronounce it correctly!!!!!

 As people grow older, They will often justify some of the most backwards, pathetic and counter/ non productive ideas out of habit. This can be very sad to deal with. I, for the longest time, only really believed Caucasian women to be attractive. I knew better but decided to stay in a safe cocoon- a cocoon that became unsustainable because it limited and warped my ability, capacity and-- most pitifully!!! - - my desire and willingness to think clearly! I denied myself seeing life as it could be. It is vital to throw off ideas that stunt, mock and cripple you. We pity and feel compassion for children who are warped and crippled by bad parenting. We , after a while, ostracize, ignore and write-off adults who will not free themselves from the prison of limiting, small-minded, obviously false and easy to prove to be absurd thinking!

  You can teach a dog new tricks especially when the dog realizes he's tired of letting those old tricks serve as tools to permit their self-abuse to continue! So, Indeed, " Free you mind and the rest WILL!!!! FOLLOW!!!"

  - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment