Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Silliness Cure!

 There is a great remedy to tackle depression and self- pity. That is silliness. When we get involved in genuine laughter- laughing at our own foibles that are truly not genuinely able to be taken seriously or laughing with those who are spontaneously loving life- we come out of ourselves and truly FEEL!!!! better.

  During Church play practice earlier today, I saw a 5 year old girl pretending to be a dog- I could not help but let go of what  was pre-occupying myself and laugh- a hardy and empowering laugh. especially when she nudged my hand with her nose.

 I then saw a 4 year old bend herself in half and maintain a conversation while in that position- her head was elevated and her toes were touching the back of her head.We were amazed, she was non-plussed and enjoying the reactions she saw on our faces!

True silliness can heal and tickle the spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment