Popular Posts

Friday, November 12, 2010

Blunt and Unsparing Candor

 " You've gained a lot of weight over the last few years."  " It doesn't matter whether you think she could have lived a few more years. It was her time and she died!" Some people think that being blunt, as long as it is truthful, is a supreme value! As long as it is true, It does matter whether it is painful or uncomfortable!

  My friend, Wendy, tends to be this way. She considers people who want to say things more gently and and less jarringly to be phonies and hypocrites- basically cowardly! I believe that truth is important- I've said that before but is  unvarnished and blunt truth without any grace mixed into it - actually a social acid- does it tend to eat away, increase damage  and multiply pain and sensitivity! Grace ADDED to truth , I believe allows you to honor veracity and reality and care for and serve people well at the same time!

 This is just my opinion- but this is TRUTHFULLY what I believe to be a way to be caring and effective as you foster better and more nurturing connections to other human beings!

No comments:

Post a Comment