" I hate doing this. however..." , " I know I said I'd help, but these people are really nasty to work with...", " I do NOT know why anyone would think that doing this is a GOOD idea.", Imagine that these comment are made by someone who is involved in a service project. This man or woman, young man or woman or boy or girl volunteered their time to serve and they are doing what they promised to do. Would these negative, rather snarky and unpleasant comments dilute the value of their volunteer service. Is grudging service, therefore of lesser value than willing, enthusiastic,pleasant and friendly service?
Looking at the definitions of the word grudging helps me to see why providing service in a grudging way or to do ANYTHING grudgingly is indeed rather obnoxious and insulting! The definitions include displaying a strong and contrary attitude, petty ,reluctant and unwilling. I would imagine that it must be odious for someone to be be provided help, support and aid from a person in a negative way!
So, I'd have to say that grudging service is truly not worth being provided. to anyone. So, It may be best to chose to serve with an upbeat and positive attitude or be honest and principled and choose NOT to offer your service!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment