I've been bullied a lot in my life, I've been hit and intimidated more than I care to count.I've even cried and cringed at times. Life is fascinating. We are all taught and we all know that to be sane and grounded we must GET! that we can not control others.Thus, We truly cannot control whether people treat us poorly or well either verbally or physically. As is often said when we discuss keep people such as The President, not only Mr. Obama but anyone who has served in this office, " If someone is really determined to get at him, Then it is going to be very difficult to stop him or her."
Thus, As I keep learning, It is how you tutor your spirit that really determines whether you are truly brave and resilient. Can you take things in stride? Can you put your roughest moments in perspective?Do you decide that while suffering is inevitable, misery is optional.
A person who limps from intense pain and cries because he or she is dealing with overwhelming physical or emotional suffering is in tumult and struggling. Yest, The limping while in pain does not, at all mean that he or she is physically weak. The tears that he or she is shedding does not mean that he or she is physically weak, does not at all denote that he or she is a coward.
The desire to continue on and the willfulness not to be detered is a sign of heart, determination and bravery. Toughness is not solely defined by muscle, the ability to inflict pain and the ability to willfully physically dominate another. That is merely a way to express what some regard as toughness. The desire to progress, to live well in spite of and to not let others choose who you are, what you want, what you believe in and what you represent is, to me, the best way to demonstrate toughness and steadfast and disciplined courage.
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment