Someone looks you in the eye, shakes your hand firmly and tells you, " I promise that I will do this", We are, as people of good faith and honor expected to respect them and honor them by taking their words and stated intentions seriously. How, then, are expected to respond when we are later TOLD that, " I'm sorry, What I promised is not going to happen. We both know tthat I was foolish to commit myself to do that. I know you'll understand!", So, Do you then, as a mature and responsible need to, indeed, understand and accept what you've heard and move on.!?
I have stated many times in various venues that one of my favorite verses in the Bible is Psalms 15:4, " If you make a promise, Keep it , EVEN if it ruins you!". That means I have a responsibility to think carefully BEFORE I make a promise. However, Once I make a promise. I feel most honor bound to keep it. I also honestly cannot remember breaking a promise to a child.
My bottom line on this is- If your word is unreliable and cannot be trusted , then you are making a statement about who you are as a person!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment