People can best be taught, convinced and persuaded by stories. Stories are personable and warm , they give us something to relax with and over. Stories also actually provide us a conveyance, A way to carry the story with us and to store it after the first telling of it is over.Stories are also a gift to the listeners. The explanatory information before and after the story can be changed, the point the story is intended to make or reinforce can also be altered but the story , itself, gives you a prepackaged presentation.A story that the listener has heard before can actually serve as an "old, familiar friend".
So, What kind of stories do YOU tell? Humorous Stories? Inspirational Stories? Didactic Stories? Stories give you power and make you more convincing and enjoyable to listen to!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment