There are times, I must confess, when I want a gentle God. A God that seeks to flood my life with smiles, softness, puppies , kittens and cartoonish rabbits with eyes that are adorable works of art. This God would always seek to make sure I knew how wonderful I was and how my tomorrow will not have any stress, tension,harshness, opposition or difficulty.
Yet such a life would leave me without any discipline, charter, strength, resolve or commitment.I t would make me likely to hide from or to run at full speed from anything or anyone that would demand anything from me. I'd not , at all, have anything of value to say to anyone who is struggling, suffering or at all beset, overwhelmed or tormented.
This is not how my life is today or any day- It is not a festival of gentleness, softness, invincible comfort and happy smiles and nothing else
My life is as it is and My God is as He is and that is The Absolute truth. Yet, How blessed it is that the God who makes things that are soft, fuzzy and gentle was sacrificing enough to take on humanity and be a servant and tough determined and audacious enough to die on a cross and trusting enough to be certain that He'd rise early on Sunday morn!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment