I'd been feeling very melancholy - is that actually a hybrid between a fruit and a canine- about the approaching of the 14th of this month. I decided that I need a bit of a treat- so I decided to rent a Red Box Movie.I chose " The Time Traveller's Wife".
I realize I may take heat because I'm guessing that this might be considered a "chick flick" , but I enjoyed the movie and found iy very touching and moving. I actually shed some tears as I watched it. Eric Bana and Rachel Mc Adams were well-cast as was the girl who played their daughter.
Then, I found out defunitively that I will be moving soon, perhaps as soon as late March or Early April. The 2 story Apartment building I live in is going to be fully renovated in June. It is unlikely that I then would be allowed to move back in due to a rent increase that will likely be imposed. I heard my good friend who is also my associate pastor tell me of what he was planning to orgamize to support me. I often feel disconnected but I saw today that this is LARGELY just a feeling- I saw today that I am valued and supported.
What touched me most is that I was invited this upcoming Sunday to go to a Birthday party for a boy turning 6- by the Birthday boy himself! I was touched and immediately said "Yes!" . This occurred before Church last Sunday. During the second service, This boy actually asked his mom if he could sit next to me. Again, Wow!, I guess I am more appreciated than I believe I am.
I have been looking at this approach of Valentine's Day this year with dread because there is no significant other in my life presently. It is clear to me tonight that I have been looking at my life, however, a bit TOO narrowly!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment