As the last hours of Valentine Day's Eve 2011 evaporate, This song lyric, which I believe comes from the Early 1960's musical Stop The World I want to Get off" come to mind.
Being an orphan is an interesting place to be, My mother died in July in 2001 and My father 6 days after New Years in 2002. My mother told me, loudly and painfully shrilly that " I wasn't good enough" to be her child from the earliest days I can remember. Sometimes, She was beating me as you said this. My father told me, often as well, " That his son should be someone that he'd be proud of". He'd ten, sometimes with a smile on his face that, " he never had any reason to be proud of me".
This, even though, I was the first born of 3, it was always clear to me that my sister were proudly my parents daughters, while I was an an undesirably adopted child within my own birth family! YUCK!!!!!!!
I attended a Birthday party for a six your old boy today At one point today, His mother told me, " You are a part of our family" . This maay cause you to think that I am a wimp or sissy for admitting this. but Tears are NOW flooding my eyes as I type these words. I am touched, overwhelmed, overpowered and over joyed that there is a human being on this planet saying this to me. Thank you, Paige, I've gained an amazing EARLY Valentine's present tonight.
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment