What do you believe teachers must teach elementary school aged children? What must the classroom educational priorities must be from Kindergarten to Fifth or Sixth Grade ? What should the parents be teaching their children over the same six or seven year period?
I know some people will say that some parents are not capable or mature enough to reliably, dependably or properly teach much of anything! Some will also argue that some parents and home situation only teach their children negative, derogatory and harmful things!
It is clear that this is true only about some parents and some family and home situations. There are parents who can serve quite well as educators, role models and , bluntly as parents. The US may benefit by advocating that both schools and home education are VITAL for the success of a child. We would all gain if the differences between those two forms of education were made more clear to all of us.
Our schools might become less tense, troubled, limited and confrontational by establishing two clear models for every child's education. The schools can't do everything, not without demanding too much from us in taxes and bogging down from the strain that it is imposed upon it.
Partnerships can act to invest more people in doing what needs to be done. This can provide more resources to all of those involved. A true partnership between school and home- a 21ST Century version of a Parents- Teachers Association one with sinews and demonstrating that on-going effectiveness can be an answer to the question, " What can we realistically do to improve our schools?"
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment