What will you do with The Dr. King Holiday tomorrow? Someone not long after this Holiday was approved hopes that The Dr. King holiday would never just become a day to sleep in or to go shoppiung for reduced price items at the mall!
I also heard someone say that this Holiday would work best if considered to be a "Day On". An extra day to serve people in your community or a day to devote to volunteer service
I know that tomorrow I will be at a Mental Health Drop-In Center in Reston, Virginia. Tomorrow, The Reston Drop-In Center will celebrate its' 5th Anniversary. Tomorrow is a great day to celebrate freedom by rolling up your sleeves and doing a little bit more to increase the quality of life for those around you! I'm looking forward to the " Day On" tomorrow!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
Tomorrow is Dr. King Day observed! Will you be using This day as a "Day ON!!" ?
ReplyDelete