Early Jaurary is treated , quite often, in a Rodney Dangerfieldish manner- It simply gets NO!!! RESPECT. It is just something you have to trudge through. It can be considered to be " A day to get through SOMEHOW!" It is also considered a time to say " We've had great times, We will get back to them again but today is just nothing special!
Today is a day that is anything pbut yet another 23 hour and 56 minute span of time to me. Today is the BIRTHDAY of my friend, a lovely lady named Krista Slye! She is a phenomenal wife to my good friend and my pastor, John Syle. As he said last night, " She is the REAL PASTOR an Theologian of this church! She is raising two impressive children who have never doubted for one second that they are loved and valued and celebrated. She is wise, clever and highly insightful. I enjoy and treasure each conversation I have with her and devoutly wish that I MIGHT be allowed to have many more conversations with her!
Life loses flavor, power and dignity when we disregard any day as unworthy for us to deal with ! I'm glad that Krista's Birthday gives me a marvelous chance to opine upon this theme!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment