It's annoying, it sounds pathetic and as if your life is controlled by anyone and everyone except for the person who is droning on and on and on! Yuck, It is called c-o-m-p-l-a-i-n-g! It is tiresome, boring and MANY see it as the perfect perfect reason for having anything to do something.
Complaining, sadly has far too often ME!!!! - Johnny ! It is something that I am working VERY MUCH to be rid of INDEED to free myself of. What complaining is is asking some, likely and ultimately God Himself to change something that I am not pleased with and change it to my liking! It is a thinly disguised form of brattiness- an adult engaging in the worst form of acting out- a temper tantrum.
Sometimes the most effective for of self-valuing is something not always talked about in the literature of therapy- self tough love! You know that you cannot change anyone but yourself- so it is folly to demand that others twist and contort themselves- make their lives less pleasing to them -in order to advantage you- No intelligent adult is going to play along with that! I know,very clearly, that taking a short-term action that provide a result I like RIGHT NOW could have a long term boomerrang effect at a future time. The result I like and the boomerang outcome that will later arrive are truly a package deal- so I really cannot complain about the pain caused to me when the boomerang strikes- I, realsticallly, KNEW that the boomerrang was going to arrive!
I can always choose wisely and sometimes either decide to do without or plan to soldier through the " not wonderful times" without complaining. Accepting and living with a bad result and making the best of it or working to fight to either get beyond what has occurred or working to bring about a change that will bring about a pervasive change in my circumstances are , indeed, mature and wise alternatives to live a better life- a life that others will want to be invested in and be involved in! Complaining is a weak and pathetic way to respond to life's tough times. I deserve to be seen as weak and pathetic when I decide to complain!
- Johnny -
.
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment