Spirituality is a quirky word in the thinking of some. It seems otherworldly,gossamer thin and not there. Some see it as the material of fantasy and childishness- something that weak or silly and ineffectual people rely upon it because they are unable to actually accomplish in and of and by themselves.
Yesterday, Tuesday, January 4th, 2011, My Church, Grace Community Church of Arlington, Virginia asked its' members to fast. The reason - To show that we are dedicated to changing ourselves and being better ready to hear from God and to then move as we believe that we are being directed! This is a way to also demonstrate that our faith is not just something we just "talk about" but it is the rudder that directs us.
I felt a strong sense of unity last night- a lot more hugs and smiles. People seemed to be more willing to listen and the conversations seemed deeper, more connected and more in depth and engaged!
Could it all be self- orchestrated, merely dressing up our actions as a direction of God. That is one way of looking at this! Yet, I believe that people lived out what they believed to be true in a special and far more dedicated manner last night and they saw results transpire due to doing so!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment