I'd love to be braver, more outspoken and confident! I'd like to just be able to just my chin out more often- a la Franklin Delano Roosevelt! I do think it would be most outstanding to say- " I know who I am and I know what I believe and stand for" , expressing those ideas with an Martin Luther attitude- " Here I stand, I can do no other!"
Yet, I know I'm too often timid, equivocal and far too defensive! This is not good for me, I gain nothing at all and lose quite a lot including massive damage to my self-respect by being this way! Now , even as I type this, There is nothing to be gained by being belligerent, nasty, antagonistic, contrary, combative and negative just to be so. It is also foolish to defend ideas that are unreasonable, silly, goofy and just plain incorrect and wrong.
However, To be resolute and determined, steadfast and justifiably unyielding is a GREAT way to be. One thing I'm doing a GREAT deal of lately is re-examining and soul-searching. One way to make sure that I do not easily retreat from living by what I am NOW typing is the fact that I link MOST of these entries to My FACE BOOK page so others are able to hold me accountable for what I put forth!
A More Resolute and Steely Determined Johnny? Let it be, Dear Lord, Let it be!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment