What is necessary? What does a person need to have to live adequately? In 2010 America, Even the poorest individuals have what could be considered luxuries -Televisions, Gaming System, Cell Phones, Computers and the like. To someone from a truly poor part of the world, This might seem odd! For to him or her, being poor means desperation and utter and blunt destitution. Yet, Most of us accept that the benefits of " good and kind society" are available, to some measure to nearly ALL Americans.
Once January of 2011 arrives and the NEW Congress is sworn in, We will hearing a great deal from both sides of the aisle on the subject of - Do we provide ADEQUATELY enough for our poor citizens? The issues of this debate will be boiled down to - The amount of money provided, the amount of benefits that can be accessed and the self-esteem of the beneficiaries- what do they think of themselves and what are our opinions about them.
Yet two words are likely to not be considered - Hope and possibilities. Hope in the sense of what is the direction of my life, where am I currently heading? What will be different 5 years from now compared to today and how much of a say will I have in all of that? Will I be urged to gain and taught well and REALISTICALLY the steps that I will NEED to take to lay hold of the tools and resources that will allow me to be a true stakeholder and investor in my own future?
The other word is possibilities! Will the people in the greatest needs be taught of the value of planning, self-dedication, commitment and delayed gratification? Will they be taught of the value of enjoying a future that you have had a role in wisely designing, crafting and destruction?
Buying things and the provisions needed for today may help a person to feel better! Buying into a quality future that you have devoted yourself to WILL make a person better!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment