You are riding on a bus and you see someone, young and pretty, a true head turner walk up angrily toward someone on her cellphone. She gets in her face, " You are nothing!!!! You're fat, stupid and ugly - A Total Nottie"! If you witnessed that, You'd likely think, " Wow, This is pretty low and classless!"
Now, Suppose this young woman was noticed by the woman on the phone the moment she entered the bus! the women on the phone says, " You should see the chick who just got on the bus. She couldn't wear ant less and show anymore! We all know why the guys want to be around her!" Now imagine the young women confronting the woman on the cell phone, Has your perspective on this event now changed? Do you have a changed opinion of the young woman's comments concerning the woman talking on her cellphone?
On another bus, Four young men are riding in the back. These four young men are Hispanics. They are speaking extremely loudly. A well- dressed man maybe 10 years older than they are gets in their faces, " I guess where ever you came from sends their garbage to America.You want to be all loud and intimidating. Are you here legally, any of you! Sit here and keep your ignorant mouths closed!"
You might think , " What a nasty trouble maker. Sounds like he is just a pure hater. I hope he gets the butt-kicking that he's asking for!" However, The 4 Young men had been saying, " I hate gays, What kind of a country let's people like them behave like they do!" or had kept stating that everything and everyone they didn't have a good opinion for is just "so gay!"
The somewhat older person simply got tired of listening to it. He , himself, is gay and in his opinion is inclined to challenge anyone who feels free to say obnoxious and hateful things about gays! Does that change your opinion of this man being a "pure hater"?
When we view people as simply categories, Such situations can be very confusing and dreadfully complex ! When we look at people as people and view situations within their fuller contexts, We are likely to come to
different conclusions!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment