The First Tuesday after the First Monday in November - Election Day- The Eleventh of November- Veterans Day , It was once called Armistice Day- The day that the shooting phase of World War One ended! November 22nd- The Day President Kennedy Died- and the Fourth Thursday of November- Thanksgiving!
November is a month deeply steeped in American History! Election Day celebrates our ability to have a say in how we are lead and governed. Veterans' Day honors those who have served our nation in military service to protect and defend our splendid homeland. November 22nd reminds us that no one is immune to the events of life, being the most powerful person in the world does not guarantee that you will see the sunrise when the next day arrives. No human is guaranteed any next day!!! Thanksgiving asks us to be appreciative of all the blessings we have as well as each other. I do not think that any other month asks us through out the month to think about both our Country and our daily lives as Americans as fully and as comprehensively !!
I also see November as a SPECIAL month for another reason- This blogger is a Scorpio!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment