There is a great remedy to tackle depression and self- pity. That is silliness. When we get involved in genuine laughter- laughing at our own foibles that are truly not genuinely able to be taken seriously or laughing with those who are spontaneously loving life- we come out of ourselves and truly FEEL!!!! better.
During Church play practice earlier today, I saw a 5 year old girl pretending to be a dog- I could not help but let go of what was pre-occupying myself and laugh- a hardy and empowering laugh. especially when she nudged my hand with her nose.
I then saw a 4 year old bend herself in half and maintain a conversation while in that position- her head was elevated and her toes were touching the back of her head.We were amazed, she was non-plussed and enjoying the reactions she saw on our faces!
True silliness can heal and tickle the spirit!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment