Busy people who easily lose track of days, events and circumstances can forget all too easily how they have been blessed in times past. The idea of being militantly focused on getting done today what must be done today works very well but it can cause us to lose track of times gone by. As a simple test of this, It is easy for us to remember what we were grateful yesterday! However, Are you honestly able to say that you ARE as grateful today as you were yesterday? My own answer to that is- " I am less grateful today than I was yesterday on THANKSGIVING DAY!"
I 've decided to try an experiment that I believe will make a difference in my life throughout the entirety of 2011! I've decided to make the last Thursday of EACH month of that year a Thanksgiving Day. This means that I will have 11 Days of Thanksgiving- I'm adding in the LAST Thursday of December 2010 to this effort-
between now and November 26th, 2011.
No one knows the future and I have no way to know EXACTLY what my life will be like- or even if I will be alive- on Thanksgiving Day 2011- but being Thankful seems to heal even the worst injuries of life. Therefore, I can confidently state that my 2011 will be a better year if I will follow through on this plan!
I do believe that self- talk combined with self-action will make a noticable difference. I shall look forward to finding out whether I shall be proven correct!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment