I was asked to teach at the last minute at The Toastmaster Leadership Institute- a Training Program ran twice a year by Toastmasters- Tonight's program was held in Arlington, Virginia.
I was asked to train at the last minute- I'd arrived there to be of assistance to the Training and to deliver some fliers to promote a Spacial Program being held on August 25th by The Burgay Advanced Toastmasters.
I was not prepared to train and , I fumbled at first. Yet, As time went on, I discussed the natures of the offices, the advantages they accord the members holding those portfoloios and the demanding challenges that the man or woman holding those offices.
I overcame by remembering that I have 20 plus years invested in Toastmasters that I have a teaching background and that I.m considered a motivator!
Sometimes the message does not need to be presented flawlessly in a word-for word fashion. Being convincing, knowledgeable, caring and giving people answers, alternative and ideas to test and try out can make the difference! It clearly did tonight!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment