" I think it is much better to choose to do A rather than B" that can be a great argument, especially if logic is carefully and skillfully applied to defend the position that has just been put forth.
Last night at a party, I was involved in a discussion about the social volunteer and ministry . I was comparing notes with a friend and was sharing about hom my recent trip to Mexico had taught me a great deal about the heartbreaking situation of seeing a child with great potential getting out of a community that will prove very hard for her to extricate herself from. She understood and spoke about her job, " I know just of what you are talking about. I don't have to go to Mexico to see that. I see those same situations on my job".
I didn't take her comments as negation m but rather a comparison presenting a different perspective. I have, however, run into people who while not involved in supporting a cause themselves are more than willing to comment on the worthiness or lack of worthiness of a cause or a volunteer efforts that someone else is committed to! That leaves me very cold!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment