Ad Hominem arguments are the favored response of the uneducated, the untroubling and those who seek to offend and cause trouble. I believe this to be true.
I remember being told in College by my Debating Coach, Dr. Mike Wallinger, that using ad hominem arguments is a debating competition would be grounds from being dismissed from the team.
I'd love to see that become a societal standard for Public Argument. What if our news media started to say. " He or She resorted to an Ad hominem argument. Once that occurred, We stopped listening. As all good people know, If you are prepared for the discussion and know how to argue properly the facts in dispute, There is no need to be insulting fascinating and crass!"
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment