good and beneficial instructive discussion.
On another site, I wanted to get a discussion goin on the subject as to what parents do when they feel that the schools that their son or daughter attend do not serve their son or daughter well. . How do you tell a school that they want them to do more to serve their child noticably better and more effectively?
I cited the case of a mother and son in Montgomery County, Maryland This woman, a 54 year old psychiatrist felt that her son, who is afflicted by autism and is overweight felt that her son was served both poorly and inadequately last year at his Middle School. Last year, He was in the Sixth Grade and was subjected to a great deal of severe mockery and bullying by some of his fellow students.
She decided that her son would fare better at a private school with a great reputation for serving young people such as her son. She applied to Montgomery County Public School system for Tuition Assistance to make this affordable for her. Her request was turned down. The schools maintained that they are quite able to provide properly and appropriately to serve her son well.
She challenged this response and was not able to reverse their decision. Earlier this month, She killed her son then committed suicide.
The issue of what parents demand of their public schools and how the school properly and rationally respond to the requests and demands of the parents of their students. I chose an example that was so stark that it made discussing these issues and concerns difficult. This was poor execution on my part.
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment