On October 8th of this year, God Willing, I will attain 30 years in the Program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I learned that beverages are meant to either quench my thirst or as a delight- a taste treat. When I choose to use a beverage to change my mood or to affect my attitude towards life that something has gone radically and destructively wrong!
The lessons, as I applied to Alcohol,Thanks be to HIm, are ones, so far , that I have gotten. Yet, In most areas of life I use things and spending money- not much by the standards of most people- but, then again, I have very little . I wonder why I do not treasure more being who I am and finding more joy and satisfaction in that. Does there always need to be something more beyong myself? Is spending money an answer- even though I truly know that it isn't an answer!
Perhaps, Something akin to this explains, partially, the woes that now beset our beloved nation !
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment