"This is what we have in our budget. This is what we have to spend. If we do not have it we have to do without." We all hear the debates. The current mantra or certainly the often repeated mantra is " If people are expected to live within their means, so must our governments."
So, What would that look like? What would our nation look like if we have to live within the means that we collect through taxes? Would we have to accept poorer quality roads? Would our educational system become less effective? Would the ability of our military to protect us be compromised? Would our streets be less safe due to a lesser ability to provide for our police and fire departments?
Would those who struggle, for what ever reasons, to provide for themselves and receive tax-payer funded support be expected to become more independent? If they are not able to do so, Will the quality of their lives collapse"
What would the US look like today if we had to live strictly within our means as National Policy?
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment