Dr. Martin Luther King is, justifiably consider by some to be an true American Saint. A man of vision and limitless courage who gave his life in a fight to demand that our society live up to the idea that " All Men are Created Equal."
This Sunday will be the 48Th Anniversary of Dr. King's "I Had Dream Speech " delivered in front of the Lincoln Memorial. This Sunday is the Day when the Dr. King Memorial on this Same National Mall will be dedicated.
The Mammoth Statue of Dr. King, which in the Centerpiece of this Memorial Memorial was created by a renouned artist who is a Chinese National. Some critics of the statue feel that Dr. King's face, as it is rendered in this statue is Asian in apperarance.
I know that representing pople as they are and wear, is vital when you are honoring and celebrating them. Therefore, It would seem to be vital that all can look at a statue of Dr. King and see him as they look at the statue as he would have appeared to be when he was alive. Some critics also believe that it would have been more credible to have a n American Born Black Man or Woman design and create this memorial to this American Born Black Hero!
Is this merely extreme whining and nit picking? Or, Is this critique worthy of sober analysis and serious consideration in YOUR opinion!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment