In the late 1950's and through out the Early 1960's, DC Comics came out with new , improved and more powerful versions of the heroes that had been featured in their stories throughout the 1940's!
The reason for the shift are many- Dr. Fredric Wortham's Book - The Seduction of the Innocent claiming that comic books led to juvenile delinquency made many parents leery of comic books. A surge in the sales of horror comics - especially the EC Line trumped sales of the Super Heroes.
Thus The New Flash, The New Green Lantern and the Atom were trotted out and all sold very well. By 1960, DC put out a new Team book, The Justice League of America replacing the Old Justice Society of America a standout title, again, of the 1940's and Early 1950's.
In 1961, Gardner Fox, an old Science Fiction writer began to pen the adventures of the Flash. He was also an admirer of the First Generation of DC Heroes. He wrote a story, The Flashes of Two Worlds where he stated that the 40's heroes were from an Earth located in a Parallel Universe. This explained how you could have two different versions of , in effect, the SAME hero! It also permitted you to have the versions fighting side by side.
Now DC used The Earth One and Earth Two stories to make small changes in characters . As an Example, The Father of The Original Superman - Of Krypton 2 sent to Earth 2 was named Jor-L. Our Superman sent from Krypton 1 to Earth 1 is named Jor-EL!
There are times when I think and say silly and goofy things, sometimes as an effort in self-entertainment. They seem so goofy and off beat that I actually ask myself, " Where did I get that from?" Recently, I formulated an ACTUAL answer , " I took that idea from an Alternative Earth - Earth 234-Q!"
So, Now you know were SOME of my bizarreness and inanity find their origins! Do you have a parallel Earth/Universe that explains at least a portion of YOUR goofiness?
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment