Yes, That DESI!, The Ricky Ricardo of "I Love Lucy"! Desi Arnaz, sometime in the 1980's was approached to write his autobiography. Desi did and the title that he chosen for it was - "A Book".
That title fascinated and mystified many. He was, of course , asked -. " Why did you select that particular title?'. He simply smiled and succinctly stated, " I was asked to write a book, so I did"
I admire brevity, verbal economy and presenting a message that is muscular and yet educates. However, Brevity and succinctness are not qualities I come anywhere close mastering.
I blog in a style which can best be described as a blend of diary, commentary, analysis and thought pieces. I am now considering tackling the task of beginning to write a book. I am full of anxiety as I consider this task! My current phrase concerning this venture is " I do not want to write a Snoopy Book"! Now, I also NEED to ask myself, " Am I capable of writing A BOOK?" !
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment