I know this will, simply!!!, not ever happen. It is idealistic, foolish and nonsensical. However, I think we'd all benefit tremendously if the US established a National STOP Day!
Earlier this year as the Greater Washington Area soldiered through the snowiest winter in anyone's memory, I heard people with families, especially families with very young children, talked about appreciating the being forced to change their routine- no school, no work, business trips cancelled and so forth.
People told me ,with wistful smiles , about having time for talking - for true, detailed and absorbing conversation, for laughing and for true dedicated listening. They felt freed of mastery by any clock or schedule.
So, Would we all benefit from a day where we simply hang out and remember that our species IS, after all referred to as HUMAN Beings and not Human DOINGS!? Not likely to ever happen!!! This I will readily admit! However, Do I believe that all of us would be well-served by such a day? OH!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment