" That is NOT a good neighborhood.", " I will ONLY go there have I must!", "The neighborhood is simply run down and undesirable."- Are these valid ways to describe why people may not want to love in a neighborhood or think that their address su*ks! Or, Are these words that are, in effect, code words?
Most people will say that such comments are only spoken by small-minded, provincial,prejudiced and bigoted men and women. I was homeless for 6 months years ago. I am grateful for having shelter.
Yet, I have had heat very inconsistently in my apartment, I often wake up to an icy apartment. The maintenance staff responds to requests for repairs v-----e---r-----y ----- slowly! They then usually need to come multiple times to repair further damage done their first unsuccessful efforts.
I have a friend who tells me that that since I am living in County Subsidized housing I cannot expect good service. She tells me that I just need to adjust to " slum living conditions". She also reminds me of how she thinks it is dangerous to be in my neighborhood after dark. She won't admit it but she does remind me of the number of "illegals" who live in my area. I'm not a big supporter of the undocumenteds but does their presence
automatically make a neighborhood "run down".
I'd like better service and I'd like to be warm. So,, I guess I need to set that aside and appreciate what I do have because- I could have much less!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment