Are those just words from documents that are hundreds of years old or things we say to superficially inspire young people at special ceremonies? We all know that we all roll our eyes when we hear pretty words spoken skillfully that we are convinced have little to zero substance tied to them. We are aware that adults will offer the unexpected accustomed polite and surface when they read commentary and hear speeches that come across this way! What they will say in e-mails, telephone calls and face to face conversation is likely to express their true feelings- dismissal and scorn likely-of what they have heard and read.
People tend to be impressed by substance and hard-won and earned experience, " What do you have that gives muscle and validity" to what you are saying! What are you TELLING me that gives me any reason to take you seriously or regard you as credible! We also know, if anything, this is even more true of young people.
As I try to convince myself to begin writing a book, I ask myself- Does my life have enough substance? Have I done things that will motivate others? Or , Would it be just a waste of electricity to try? God, Please help me to sort things out!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment